The Darkest Year
    The American Home Front 1941-1942

by William K. Klingaman

The Darkest Year: The American Home Front 1941-1942

• Language: english
    • Release date: October 20, 2020
    • ISBN: 9781250765765 (1250765765)
    • Format: paperback, 384 pages
    • Publisher: St. Martin’s Publishing Group (St. Martin’s Griffin)
    • Author: William K. Klingaman

About The Book

The Darkest Year is acclaimed author William K. Klingaman’s narrative history of the American home front from December 7, 1941 through the end of 1942, a psychological study of the nation under the pressure of total war.

For Americans on the home front, the twelve months following the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor comprised the darkest year of World War Two. Despite government attempts to disguise the magnitude of American losses, it was clear that the nation had suffered a nearly unbroken string of military setbacks in the Pacific; by the autumn of 1942, government officials were openly acknowledging the possibility that the United States might lose the war.

Appeals for unity and declarations of support for the war effort in the aftermath of Pearl Harbor made it appear as though the class hostilities and partisan animosities that had beset the United States for decades — and grown sharper during the Depression — suddenly disappeared. They did not, and a deeply divided American society splintered further during 1942 as numerous interest groups sought to turn the wartime emergency to their own advantage.

Blunders and repeated displays of incompetence by the Roosevelt administration added to the sense of anxiety and uncertainty that hung over the nation.

The Darkest Year focuses on Americans’ state of mind not only through what they said, but in the day-to-day details of their behavior. Klingaman blends these psychological effects with the changes the war wrought in American society and culture, including shifts in family roles, race relations, economic pursuits, popular entertainment, education, and the arts.

PDF book The Darkest Year buy on Kobo. EPUB ebook The Darkest Year William K. Klingaman download for iPhone. FB2 The Darkest Year by William K. Klingaman on PC. Hardcover book The Darkest Year read online on Bookshop.

#30541 返信

e-ossann
    #35771 返信

adidas yeezy

A lot of thanks for all of your efforts on this site. My mum delights in engaging in investigations and it’s really obvious why. Most of us notice all about the compelling means you make sensible secrets through the web site and boost participation from the others about this situation while our own daughter is truly becoming educated a great deal. Take advantage of the rest of the new year. You’re the one performing a dazzling job.

#36507 返信

yeezy boost 350 v2

I precisely had to thank you very much all over again. I’m not certain the things that I would have carried out without the entire points documented by you directly on such a subject. Certainly was an absolute frightening dilemma in my position, but taking a look at a professional tactic you processed it forced me to cry over contentment. I am just grateful for your service and then expect you comprehend what an amazing job you are accomplishing teaching people today by way of your webblog. Most probably you have never come across any of us.

#37351 返信

curry 7 shoes

I in addition to my buddies came viewing the best points located on your web blog while before long I had an awful suspicion I never thanked you for those tips. Most of the guys happened to be absolutely joyful to see all of them and already have in actuality been loving them. Thanks for genuinely simply kind and for having certain high-quality tips most people are really eager to learn about. Our honest apologies for not expressing appreciation to sooner.

#38505 返信

yeezy boost 350

I wish to voice my gratitude for your generosity for persons that require help on this particular issue. Your personal commitment to passing the message all through appears to be remarkably valuable and has permitted people much like me to achieve their pursuits. Your entire informative facts means a great deal a person like me and extremely more to my office colleagues. Thanks a lot; from each one of us.

#39851 返信

moncler outlet

Needed to write you a bit of word to thank you so much the moment again for those superb advice you’ve featured here. It has been so tremendously generous with people like you in giving easily all that a lot of people might have offered for sale for an e-book in making some dough for themselves, chiefly considering that you might well have tried it in case you decided. Those pointers as well served to provide a good way to fully grasp that most people have the identical fervor like my personal own to learn much more when it comes to this condition. I know there are some more pleasurable situations in the future for individuals who read your blog post.

#41728 返信

lebron shoes

My husband and i have been so contented when Albert managed to do his researching via the ideas he acquired from your very own web site. It’s not at all simplistic to just choose to be handing out tips and tricks that many other folks may have been selling. So we see we need the writer to give thanks to for that. The specific illustrations you have made, the easy blog navigation, the friendships you will aid to create – it’s everything remarkable, and it is aiding our son in addition to the family reason why that idea is exciting, which is unbelievably pressing. Thank you for all!

#44994 返信

westbrook shoes

I truly wanted to develop a quick word to be able to say thanks to you for all the unique guidelines you are giving out on this website. My considerable internet research has at the end been compensated with reliable facts and techniques to talk about with my partners. I would state that that most of us site visitors are unquestionably lucky to dwell in a perfect community with so many perfect individuals with insightful concepts. I feel very much lucky to have used the website page and look forward to so many more entertaining moments reading here. Thank you once again for a lot of things.

#50131 返信

chrome hearts

I must express thanks to this writer for bailing me out of this particular situation. Right after looking throughout the online world and coming across techniques which are not helpful, I was thinking my entire life was well over. Existing without the approaches to the problems you have solved as a result of your entire article content is a critical case, as well as ones that might have badly damaged my career if I hadn’t discovered your blog post. Your good training and kindness in playing with all the pieces was invaluable. I’m not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t come upon such a thing like this. I can at this time look ahead to my future. Thanks a lot so much for your expert and results-oriented guide. I will not think twice to recommend your web site to anyone who would need recommendations on this area.

#54651 返信

nike kyrie 5

I would like to express some appreciation to you for rescuing me from this type of situation. As a result of searching throughout the online world and coming across ways which are not beneficial, I believed my entire life was done. Existing devoid of the approaches to the issues you have solved by means of your main website is a serious case, as well as the kind that might have in a negative way affected my career if I hadn’t noticed your web site. Your skills and kindness in playing with all areas was precious. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I had not encountered such a point like this. It’s possible to now relish my future. Thanks for your time so much for this reliable and sensible guide. I won’t hesitate to endorse the blog to anybody who requires tips about this subject matter.

#60521 返信

curry 7 shoes

I in addition to my buddies ended up viewing the excellent solutions found on the website and then then I got a horrible suspicion I had not thanked the web blog owner for those techniques. All of the guys happened to be consequently thrilled to learn all of them and have in effect clearly been having fun with those things. Appreciate your actually being simply considerate as well as for settling on varieties of extraordinary guides millions of individuals are really desperate to be informed on. Our honest regret for not saying thanks to sooner.

#65615 返信

supreme clothing

I am also writing to make you be aware of of the amazing encounter my friend’s girl gained studying your web site. She mastered some details, not to mention how it is like to possess a great coaching character to let the others without hassle thoroughly grasp certain problematic subject areas. You undoubtedly surpassed our own expected results. Thanks for delivering the valuable, healthy, revealing as well as easy guidance on this topic to Julie.

#70799 返信

golden goose sale

I must show my appreciation for your kind-heartedness giving support to persons who actually need guidance on your subject matter. Your special dedication to passing the solution up and down turned out to be rather advantageous and has usually helped ladies much like me to reach their desired goals. Your personal insightful tutorial entails a lot to me and especially to my fellow workers. Thanks a ton; from everyone of us.

#73777 返信

yeezys

I would like to show my thanks to this writer just for bailing me out of this challenge. Because of surfing around throughout the world wide web and coming across principles that were not helpful, I thought my entire life was over. Being alive without the approaches to the problems you’ve fixed all through the short post is a crucial case, as well as the ones which might have negatively damaged my entire career if I hadn’t discovered your web blog. Your primary knowledge and kindness in playing with every item was excellent. I am not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t come across such a subject like this. I’m able to now look forward to my future. Thank you very much for your professional and effective guide. I will not hesitate to recommend your site to any individual who should have guidance about this situation.

15件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 15件目 (全19件中)
返信先: The Darkest Year — MOBI download
あなたの情報: