(MOBI) The End of the End of the Earth by Jonathan Franzen

001 村元とらじ フォーラム 【意見箱 プレスルーム 掲示板】 (MOBI) The End of the End of the Earth by Jonathan Franzen

このトピックには17件の返信が含まれ、1人の参加者がいます。2 年、 1 ヶ月前 max さんが最後の更新を行いました。

15件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 15件目 (全18件中)
  • 投稿者
    投稿
  • #23790 返信

Charlotte Little

The End of the End of the Earth
    Essays

by Jonathan Franzen

The End of the End of the Earth: Essays

• Format: paperback, 256 pages
    • ISBN: 9781250234896 (1250234891)
    • Release date: March 31, 2020
    • Publisher: Picador
    • Author: Jonathan Franzen
    • Language: english

About The Book

A sharp and provocative new essay collection from the award-winning author of Freedom and The Corrections — now with a new epilogue.

The essayist, Jonathan Franzen writes, is like “a fire-fighter, whose job, while everyone else is fleeing the flames of shame, is to run straight into them.” For the past twenty-five years, even as his novels have earned him worldwide acclaim, Franzen has led a second life as a risk-taking essayist. Now, at a moment when technology has inflamed tribal hatreds and the planet is beset by unnatural calamities, he is back with a new collection of essays that recall us to more humane ways of being in the world.

Franzen’s great loves are literature and birds, and The End of the End of the Earth is a passionate argument for both. Where the new media tend to confirm one’s prejudices, he writes, literature “invites you to ask whether you might be somewhat wrong, maybe even entirely wrong, and to imagine why someone else might hate you.” Whatever his subject, Franzen’s essays are always skeptical of received opinion, steeped in irony, and frank about his own failings. He’s frank about birds, too (they kill “everything imaginable”), but his reporting and reflections on them — on seabirds in New Zealand, warblers in East Africa, penguins in Antarctica — are both a moving celebration of their beauty and resilience and a call to action to save what we love.

Calm, poignant, carefully argued, full of wit, The End of the End of the Earth provides a welcome breath of hope and reason.

FictionBook book The End of the End of the Earth by Jonathan Franzen read. MOBI The End of the End of the Earth on Mac on Powells. PDF ebook The End of the End of the Earth Jonathan Franzen buy. MP3 book The End of the End of the Earth download iOS on Bookshop.

Online ebook The End of the End of the Earth Jonathan Franzen read online for Android. Hardcover The End of the End of the Earth download on Book Depository. TXT book The End of the End of the Earth. FB2 ebook The End of the End of the Earth by Jonathan Franzen buy cheap for reader on Booktopia.

EPUB The End of the End of the Earth by Jonathan Franzen. Paperback The End of the End of the Earth read on iPad on Barnes & Noble. Hardback book The End of the End of the Earth Jonathan Franzen buy cheap on Books-a-Million. TXT ebook The End of the End of the Earth download PC.

#23808 返信

e-ossann
    #35500 返信

kd shoes

I in addition to my pals came studying the good helpful tips on your website while all of a sudden got an awful suspicion I had not thanked the website owner for those techniques. The young boys happened to be as a result thrilled to learn all of them and already have simply been loving these things. Thanks for turning out to be quite considerate and also for getting certain terrific subject areas most people are really desperate to learn about. My very own honest regret for not expressing appreciation to you sooner.

#36303 返信

longchamp handbags

Thank you a lot for giving everyone remarkably spectacular possiblity to read from this blog. It is always very terrific and stuffed with a lot of fun for me and my office peers to search your blog nearly three times a week to learn the new issues you will have. Not to mention, I’m just at all times satisfied with the amazing suggestions served by you. Certain 3 tips in this post are really the most effective I’ve ever had.

#37117 返信

kawhi leonard shoes

I intended to send you this little observation to say thanks a lot again for these pleasing thoughts you’ve contributed in this article. It was really particularly generous of you to deliver easily exactly what many individuals could possibly have distributed as an e-book in order to make some profit on their own, certainly seeing that you could have tried it in the event you desired. Those suggestions also served as a good way to recognize that other individuals have the identical keenness similar to my very own to know many more on the subject of this issue. I am certain there are millions of more pleasurable opportunities in the future for individuals who see your blog post.

#39460 返信

nike shox

I am only writing to make you be aware of of the impressive discovery my friend’s daughter encountered studying your blog. She realized too many issues, not to mention what it’s like to have an excellent teaching spirit to get the rest without hassle know precisely specific very confusing topics. You truly surpassed people’s expectations. Thanks for coming up with these informative, trusted, informative and even easy guidance on your topic to Lizeth.

#41081 返信

jordan 1 off white

A lot of thanks for all your valuable hard work on this website. Ellie really loves going through research and it’s easy to understand why. Most people notice all of the lively tactic you offer good steps via this website and therefore cause response from other people on this situation and our favorite girl is understanding so much. Take advantage of the remaining portion of the year. You’re conducting a brilliant job.

#43931 返信

kyrie 3

I precisely had to say thanks again. I do not know what I would have done in the absence of the type of aspects provided by you relating to such question. It was actually a terrifying situation for me, nevertheless viewing this professional way you treated it made me to leap for joy. I am happier for your support and wish you really know what an amazing job your are providing instructing people today by way of your websites. Most likely you haven’t encountered any of us.

#49063 返信

jordan 4

I have to express my admiration for your kind-heartedness for folks that absolutely need guidance on in this field. Your special commitment to passing the message along has been exceedingly useful and has always enabled somebody much like me to arrive at their goals. Your new interesting useful information entails a great deal to me and even more to my fellow workers. With thanks; from all of us.

#53535 返信

yeezy

I wish to express my appreciation to this writer for bailing me out of this instance. After exploring through the online world and coming across views which are not productive, I thought my life was done. Being alive minus the answers to the problems you’ve sorted out by way of your good short post is a crucial case, and ones that might have badly affected my entire career if I had not come across your blog. Your own personal training and kindness in handling a lot of stuff was useful. I am not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t discovered such a point like this. I can also at this moment look ahead to my future. Thanks a lot very much for this reliable and result oriented help. I will not be reluctant to endorse your blog to any person who requires assistance on this problem.

#58977 返信

golden goose

Thanks for all of your efforts on this site. Betty loves carrying out investigation and it’s easy to understand why. Most people notice all concerning the powerful method you present advantageous secrets on the blog and in addition improve participation from other ones on the article plus my child is starting to learn a whole lot. Take advantage of the remaining portion of the year. You’re the one doing a pretty cool job.

#64385 返信

longchamp outlet

Thanks a lot for giving everyone an extremely pleasant chance to check tips from this web site. It’s always very great and full of fun for me and my office acquaintances to search your web site at a minimum three times every week to read through the newest issues you have got. And indeed, I’m also at all times impressed concerning the cool things you give. Some 2 facts in this post are undeniably the most impressive I’ve ever had.

#69527 返信

golden goose outlet

I would like to show appreciation to you just for bailing me out of this problem. As a result of surfing throughout the online world and coming across suggestions which were not productive, I believed my life was gone. Living minus the answers to the problems you have resolved through your entire article content is a critical case, and the ones that might have negatively affected my career if I had not discovered the website. That know-how and kindness in taking care of all the details was vital. I’m not sure what I would have done if I had not come across such a step like this. I can at this moment look forward to my future. Thanks a lot very much for the expert and effective help. I will not think twice to suggest your blog post to anybody who would need counselling on this topic.

#72885 返信

balenciaga sneakers

My wife and i felt now fulfilled that John could do his investigation from your ideas he got using your web site. It is now and again perplexing to just choose to be giving out secrets that a number of people could have been making money from. So we discover we’ve got you to thank for this. Most of the explanations you’ve made, the straightforward website navigation, the relationships you can make it easier to promote – it is everything overwhelming, and it’s really leading our son and the family reckon that the article is amusing, which is certainly tremendously vital. Thank you for all the pieces!

#77373 返信

off white shoes

I definitely wanted to jot down a quick note so as to thank you for all the wonderful techniques you are showing on this site. My time consuming internet research has now been recognized with awesome strategies to share with my best friends. I would admit that we readers actually are unquestionably lucky to dwell in a perfect community with many awesome professionals with valuable solutions. I feel quite fortunate to have come across your entire site and look forward to some more excellent moments reading here. Thank you once more for all the details.

15件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 15件目 (全18件中)
返信先: (MOBI) The End of the End of the Earth by Jonathan Franzen
あなたの情報: